Thursday 7 April 2011

No added sugar Biscuits - attempt No 3

Hmm, a slightly better result but we're talking by small degrees.  I think there's a step change somewhere.  These last for around 2-3 days in an airtight tin.  They are quite soft in comparison to the last attempt.


No added sugar Biscuits - attempt No 3

Ingredients

4oz Sultanas
2oz Unsalted Butter
4oz Plain Flour (not wholemeal this time)
1oz Porridge Oats

Method

Put the sultanas in a pan with boiling water to cover, bring to the boil and then leave to cool.  Put the remaining ingredients in a food processor with a metal blade.  Process until fine crumbs appear and then take out the sultanas with a slotted spoon.  Process adding enough of the reserved soaking water to make a dough.  Turn out of the machine, roll out and cut out shapes.  Cook in an oven at 200 degrees for about 13 mins until starting to brown.


Again, I can't say 'delicious' but my boy liked them and my husband declared them to be 'slightly' better than the previous batch and 'nothing that some sugar wouldn't fix'.  Hmm.  Damned with faint praise again.  I'll keep on my quest for the sugar free biscuit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.