Friday 27 January 2012

Mediterranean Prawn Stew for Babies and Toddlers

This was an improvised dish when 9 minutes before I knew I had to start cooking, I'd got no inspiration at all.  Very easy, especially if you always have home made tomato based pasta sauce in the freezer as I do.  Something a bit different too.  It's easy to get into a cooking rut with kids I'm finding.










Mediterranean Prawn Stew for Babies and Toddlers - serves 1 todder, probably ok from when your baby is coping well with lumpy food or baby led weaners.

Ingredients

Approx 4 tbsp home made tomato sauce
3 large raw prawns or more smaller prawns (can use cooked ones), thawed if frozen
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
2 New or salad potatoes
A few sprigs of fresh thyme

Method

Cook the potatoes until cooked but not falling apart.  Cut into pieces a suitable size for your child.  Put into a saucepan with the sauce, bring to the boil adding a little water if necessary.  Add the prawns, cook until cooked through (approx 3 mins for the prawns I was using) or warmed through if already fully cooked.

Add the lemon zest and thyme, allow to cool until a suitable temperature for your baby, serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.