Monday 4 June 2012

Bombay potatoes for the Whole Family

I came up with this as the oven was on, I was thinking about what to cook us for lunch, didn't feel like a sandwich and this popped into my head.

I probably would have added a little mango chutney if there had been any in the cupboard.  It was good, I'm not totally convinced of the wisdom of eating carbs with carbs, feel like a snooze now but that's no bad thing as my son has a sleep after lunch.




Bombay Potatoes - serves 2 adults and a toddler as a main dish, more as a side dish

Ingredients

400g, 14oz new potatoes, halved if large
2 tsp curry paste (I used Madras)
2 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tomato, chopped up

Method

Preheat the oven to 200oC / 400F.

Mix all together, pour into a dish which tightly fits the potatoes, add 4 tbsp water.



Bake for 45 mins or until the potatoes are cooked stirring once if you remember.



Serve with rice cooked with peas or as a side dish with another curry.

You might be surprised but my 2 year old loved it.  If you're unsure about your child and their ability to cope with spices, just tone down the curry paste, use something milder.

This post has been linked up to a Meatless Monday linky here and totally tasty Tuesdays here.

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious.... I love baked potatoes and the addition of the curry flavour sounds divine...
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. Thank you. I hope you enjoy. It makes them very easy, no stirring required.

      Delete
  2. Oh mango chutney would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've just bought some from CO-OP, two jars for £2. Result! I love mango chutney!

      Delete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.